"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Mom Knows Best....


(I was impressed with some of the pics I took of my cats the other day. This of course, is the little shit that ran away. )






So, I'm at the manfriends Sunday night. 52 miles from home. And I get a text from my Momma:

Momma: Look up sex offenders. U got 10 close to u

Me: Thx mom, way 2 scare me!

Momma: Getting pics online, scars n all

Me: Nice!

Momma: most like kids

Momma: email page to u got (? I don't know what this means either)

Mind you, I live alone. Not in a desolate area, but rural. It's dark out. There's a big tree/bush by my front door where a sex offender could hide and grab me. I was out in the woods behind my house last week, with a flashlight at 10 and 12 calling my lost cat, all alone! The more I thought of it the more it made me mad. Home is my safe haven. I always feel safe there. I watch scarey movies by myself with the lights out.

Not that night. I wouldn't even watch Silence of the Lambs at the manfriends! I think that I much prefer ignorance in these cases. Then I kept thinking someone was going to jump me on the way in my house. I'm kinda mad at her now for that.

I got my review at work. I was pretty awesome. Of course, we don't get raises. Our insurance went up, so I actually will bring home less than I did last year. Even with that big fat stimulus we get! (this was just about the biggest joke yet....$12? all for me?)

Now...I'm working on my people's reviews. I keep a performance journal on my people all year in Access, and put the notes in categories according to the review form, and then run a report according to review category, so it's not too hard to do since I'm prepared, it's pretty much all done. I'm kinda impressed with myself too.

A new show was on last night, on regular TV, and I liked it! Cupid! I seem to be a sucker for love since falling madly in love myself. Speaking of mad love, I get to see my lovebug tonight! Eek!

6 comments:

Mike said...

Pepper spray is your friend.

The price of health insurance is just crazy.

Ms. Megan said...

I ended up getting an extra $13... what am I going to buy with that? Its a joke!

heather said...

yep. i agree with mike. pepper spray!

Fizzgig said...

I had pepper spray once, I accidentally sprayed it in my friend katies face. I think I may be more responsible with those things now!

Erin said...

Yeah, I totally forgot about Cupid - I wanted to watch that!

And that sucks about the finances.. I didn't even know that a stimulus check was applied.... $12 a week huh? Okay, that is about the first thing I think Obama did wrong... well it has to start with something, lol. I wanted the big check like last year, lol.

Mary Elizabeth (MErider) said...

I want to steal you cat (but if I ever did, I'd totally tell you and then return her a day later). She is so cute. I still smile when I think that you got her back safe and sound! As for performance reviews, I must admit that not having to go through that process is a benefit of being out of work. I always got good ones, but the process is just so long and involved.