"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Wednesday, April 15, 2009

make me a bird so I can fly far far away....

Last day for taxes! I still have to file my state. And my city, but we're not going there with the city taxes. State, I'll file as I should be getting a refund. Cha-ching.

I perused flights yesterday to the beach. I admit I suck at this crap,which is something I do for work, but we have a program, and it's not my money I'm spending. Way easier.

Flights to VA Beach are 248 per person round trip in July. This is the same price as last year. How come there are no deals? I looked up other sites, tried to book one way there, and one way back to save money. That way tickets were $69.......Yesssss! Plus, $55 fees/taxes. Nooooo. So, no matter which way you slice it, it's gonna cost $300 when all is said and done to fly to Virginia. I use to work with a girl who could find flights to anywere for like 50 bucks cus she could pick connecting flights and whatnot.

Personally, I don't mind a 10 hour drive, I'm hella fun, and great at I spy. Manfriend says it's a waste of two vacation days. Pffft. I could really use a trip to look forward to. Its rough to have perfect attendance with no vacay.

Living on the cheap, aka... having shitty cable, has turned me on to a few good shows like Southland, and The Unusuals. I'm pretty sick of the Price is Right, while working out, I've turned to the Today Show at 11. I have to Tivo the price now, because I'm so sick and tired of the commercials, which are all for old people. It's the same four commercials, and If I hear this old broad say "BINGO!" one more time, I may barf up a lung!

Repeat after me...I am going to be debt free in 2010. It's going to happen. I even put it on my dream board. Which I'm thinking of posting....

I'm also thinking of finding a group or something to meet new people. I kind of thought this was sad, but I guess its what people do nowadays! I thought about volunteering at an animal shelter but there arent any close to me. And then...I have enough animals, and I know me, and my big soft spot for furry things, and I'd wind up with a billion homeless pets taking up residence in my home. Sucking up more of my income than the ones I already have do...So, thats out.

I win another contest! This one was from Chicken Nuggets of Wisdom! She has all sorts of fun contests you should go check her out! I won a box of South Beach protein bars, and a water bottle, and a beach ball and note cards! It's always fun to get a package in the mail for just entering a contest! I think everyone should have them!

6 comments:

Mike said...

Yeah, I hate that hearing "helper" commercial, but I love the SeaBond commercial. Haha.

MzAriez said...

Hello Mon.

How have you been? I am back on blogger.....finally.

Is life going good?

MzAriez

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

ok GEN-E.

(said like forrest gump!)

Erin said...

I would love to see your dream board!! Congrats on being debt free in 2010 - I bet it'll be an amazing feeling!

Fizzgig said...

mike:
hah ah a at least im not the only one it annoys! the seabond one grosses me out! euw!

Mzariez:
whaaaaaaaat? I'm there!

alexa:
me and jenny was like peas and carrots.

Erin:
I think ill take a picture...inspire the masses. (ha ha)

Tammigirl said...

Love the quotes from F.G. I use them all the time.